Provider means Mortgage Processing Services Pty Ltd (ACN 608 519 044) Trading As BrokerEngine of Queensland, contactable at brokerengine.com.au/contact/.
Customer means you or the entity that you are contracting for as authorised representative, contactable on the email you communicate to Provider during the setup process.
This document describes an Agreement for Customer to engage Provider to deliver the Service.
2. Payment calculation
Customer will pay Provider the fees, specified on the web page at brokerengine.com.au/pricing, for the Services. From time to time pricing as per the aforementioned page may change, in which case the pricing proposed to and accepted by the customer will stand.
3. Payment method
Customer authorises Provider to effect payment for the Services via credit card or any other method directed by Provider every month.
4. Payment refund
- The sole exception to the section of this document entitled “claim limits” is an undertaking to refund amounts paid by Customer to Provider (minus payment processing fees) if Customer discontinues use of the Services within 90 days of commencing use of the Services.
- To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the guarantee at brokerengine.com.au/pricing and the terms in this document, the terms in this document will take precedence to the extent of any inconsistency.
5. Failure to pay
If Customer fails to pay any amount due under the Agreement for more than 7 days, Provider may immediately, at its discretion:
- charge Customer interest at an interest rate equal to the ATO GIC Rate found at https://www.ato.gov.au/Rates/General-interest-charge-%28GIC%29-rates/; and
- suspend the provision of any part of the Services to Customer.
6. Supply of services
Provider will provide the Services described in this document to Customer in accordance with the Agreement.
- Customer is responsible for the setup and installation of the Services.
- Provider may provide an “on-boarding service” for Customers under the terms of this document. The Customer agrees to pay the amount quoted by Provider in advance before Provider is obligated to provide the service.
8. Support and maintenance
Provider will provide support and maintenance as described by the Support Policy.
9. Planned interruptions
Provider may interrupt the provision of the Services with 5 days’ written notice.
10. Unplanned interruptions
- Customer acknowledges that:
- interruptions as a result of third party suppliers to Provider are beyond the control of Provider; and
- the Services may occasionally be interrupted due to technical difficulties.
- Provider will use reasonable efforts to remedy interruptions to the Services as soon as reasonably practicable.
11. Service accounts
- Customer agrees to:
- provide accurate and complete information to Provider to establish the Account;
- keep details used to access the Account secure and private; and
- notify Provider in the event that the Account’s security is compromised in any way.
- Customer agrees that it will be responsible for the Account’s activity, even if the Account is used in an unauthorised way by any other person.
- Customer is responsible for its own compliance with privacy law. Provider does not promise that any use of the Services by Customer complies with any privacy law.
- Customer must seek consent from Individuals before providing their Personal Information to Provider. If Provider receives the Personal Information of Individuals, Customer will be taken to have obtained the proper consents.
- If Individuals consent to such transfer, Provider will not be accountable for the disclosure of their Personal Information to Provider.
13. Acceptable use
- Customer agrees to use the Service in accordance with the law at all times and only in ways that the Service was designed to be used.
- Customer agrees not to use the Service to communicate or store any information:
- that could reasonably be considered racist or hate speech;
- that infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- to harass any third party;
- that is pornographic in nature;
- that could reasonably be categorised as “malware”;
- such that the use interferes with Provider’s ability to provide the same service to other parties; and
- that is unlawful.
- The parties agree that a breach of this section gives Provider the right to immediately suspend Customer’s access to the Service until Provider is reasonably satisfied that the use breaching this clause will be discontinued.
14. Data rights
- Ownership of the Data remains with Customer.
- Customer provides an Expansive Licence over the Data to Provider in order to provide the Services and meet any other obligation under the Agreement.
15. Processor transactions
- Provider facilitates commercial transactions between Loan Processors and Customers, but has no relationship at law with the transactions between Loan Processors and Customer.
- Customer agrees to make a good faith effort to resolve conflicts between itself and Loan Processors without the intervention of Provider.
16. Data disclosure
Provider reserves the right to disclose Data to:
- to sub-contractors that work with Provider to provide the Services;
- its related entities;
- Loan Processors that the Customer contracts with using the Services;
- its advisers like lawyers, accountants and other similar parties;
- its insurers;
- its debt collectors (if a debt under the Agreement is due); and
- any governmental authority upon a lawful request.
17. Backup responsibility
Provider performs backups of Data as follows:
|Snapshot Period||Stored For|
|Hourly snapshots||2 days|
|Daily snapshots||2 weeks|
|Weekly snapshots||2 months|
|Monthly snapshots||1 year|
18. Intellectual property protection
- Provider reserves the right to alter any element of the Product IP at its discretion.
- Customer agrees not to reverse engineer any part of the Product IP.
- No licence or right is granted over any intellectual property in the Product IP unless explicitly described in the Agreement.
- Customer does not have any right to resell or sub-licence the Product IP unless the Agreement explicitly provides otherwise.
- If Customer provides Feedback to Provider, Customer Transfers Intellectual Property Ownership in the Feedback (and any resulting enhancements to the Service) to Provider.
19. Claim limits
The amount Customer can claim from Provider in relation to the Services is Limited To The Legal Minimum (including for any Example Costs).
20. Covering costs
Customer will Cover All Costs of Provider arising from the risks described below.
Risks on data, including:
- Customer’s breach of any privacy law;
- Customer’s breach of any law in connection with spam;
- Customer’s storing of any third party data on the Services;
- a third party pursuing a right conferred by privacy law; and
- any legal action taken by a third party alleging intellectual property infringement by Customer in connection with the Services.
Risks relating to the Agreement, including:
- Customer’s breach of the Agreement;
- any negligent act of Customer connected with the Services;
- third party reliance on the Services under a contract with Customer; and
- Customer’s use of the Services in connection with unlawful activity.
21. Agreement duration
The Agreement will apply for the Term with rolling term renewals. At the end of each Term, the Agreement will automatically renew for another Term unless a party to the Agreement gives the other party 14 days notice. In case of such notice the Agreement will continue to the end of the Term when notice was given, but will not roll over for a new Term.
22. Agreement changes
- If the Agreement has an automatically renewing term, Provider may change the Agreement by notifying Customer in writing 21 days before the end of a Term, and the changes will take effect in the next Term.
- If Customer does not agree to the Agreement changes, Customer must cease using the Services before that next Term begins.
23. Cancellation for breach
- Either party may cancel the Agreement immediately if:
- a party notifies the other party of an Agreement breach; and
- 7 days after the breach notification, the Agreement breach is not remedied.
- Either party may also immediately cancel the Agreement if the other party becomes insolvent.
- The parties agree that defined terms are capitalised.
- The parties agree to this document using capitalised defined phrases. Clauses with defined phrases will be read in such a way that a defined phrase is replaced by the rights and obligations it represents.
- Defined phrase text is for convenience only and is not legally effective, however, words surrounding the defined phrase will affect the rights and obligations represented by the defined phrase when they are referenced.
- The governing law of the Agreement will be Queensland, and the parties agree that this state will be the exclusive jurisdiction for any proceedings under the Agreement.
- The parties may send Communications to other Agreement parties using the email addresses listed in the party details section of the Agreement.
- Customer will be liable for all duties and taxes connected with the Agreement, including any tax incurred under GST Law.
- The parties enter the Agreement intending to be completely independent of each other, and not as a party to a joint venture, partnership or agency agreement.
- The Agreement will apply retrospectively to any Services provided by Provider to Customer prior to the commencement of the Agreement, unless the parties agree otherwise in writing.
- The parties agree to:
- the Boilerplate Provisions; and
- the Interpretation Principles.
means a digital account used by Customer for the purpose of the Services.
means the agreement arising between the parties in accordance with this document and the other documents referred to by this document.
means the party receiving ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Provision.
means the party transferring ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Provision.
The following sections apply to the Agreement.
The parties agree to do everything required to give full effect to the Agreement.
The Agreement and any other document incorporated by reference constitute the entire legal agreement. The parties agree that they have not relied on any representation or statements outside the terms of the Agreement.
The Agreement may be executed or entered into electronically.
The documents constituting the Agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts. The counterparts will be read as one legal document.
No right or obligation under the Agreement will be waived unless the waiver is explicitly waived in writing.
Any unenforceable or invalid term of the Agreement will only be severed to the extent of the unenforceability or invalidity without affecting any other term in the Agreement.
Binding on successors
The Agreement is binding on each party’s successors and permitted assigns.
The parties will cover their own expenses in preparing the Agreement documents.
means any contractual communication in connection with the Agreement.
Compulsory Condition, Compulsory Conditions
means any condition, warranty or guarantee that the law does not permit to be limited or excluded (such as the consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)).
Consequential Loss, Consequential Losses
means any kind of consequential or indirect loss, including loss of profits, loss of revenue, expenses incurred, pure economic loss, loss of opportunity and any kind of punitive or exemplary loss or damages.
means any costs, expenses, losses, damages, claims, demands, proceedings, and other liability.
Cover All Costs
- The Indemnities are subject to the application of any Compulsory Conditions. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the parties exclude the application of Proportionate Liability Laws to the Indemnities.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the Indemnifying Party indemnifies the Indemnified Party and its directors, employees, agents and assigns, for all Costs suffered by them, however caused, in connection with each of the Indemnified Risks.
Scope of Indemnity
- The Indemnified Party must use reasonable endeavours to mitigate any Cost that arises that is subject to an Indemnity.
- The Indemnity will not apply to Costs that are the subject of an Indemnity Exception, to the extent of that Indemnity Exception.
Each Indemnified Risk described in the Provision will give rise to a separate indemnity in relation to that Indemnified Risk on the terms and conditions in this document.
Any Indemnity created by the Provision:
- will survive the termination of the Agreement; and
- will be additional to any contractual damages that the Indemnified Party might otherwise be entitled to claim.
Unless otherwise stated in the Provision, the Indemnified Party may make a claim under any Indemnity before any liability is crystallised, loss sustained or cost incurred.
means any data or information conveyed to the Service by Customer.
Example Cost, Example Costs
means any liabilities arising from the risks described below.
Consulting risks, including:
- reliance on advice or opinions communicated in whatever form;
- faulty technical advice or data; and
- failure to provide correct information or opinions.
Risks to people or property, including:
- any death or injury; and
- any property damage.
Risks relating to the Agreement, including:
- any transaction with a Loan Processor;
- any act or omission connected with the Agreement;
- breaches of the Agreement;
- the termination of the Agreement; and
- any delay in the provision of the Services.
Digital risks, including
- failure of any software, hardware or network components provided by a third party;
- software or hardware that’s inaccessible for any reason;
- faulty or lost data associated with the Services;
- digital security issues like software vulnerabilities and malware; and
- software in a testing phase like (or analogous to) beta and alpha software.
Expansive Licence, Expansive Licences
- The Licensor grants the Licensee a licence to the Intellectual Property Rights in the Licence Subject for the Licence Purpose. Unless otherwise specified in the Provision the licence is:
- royalty free; and
- Where there is a Licence Exception, the licence of Intellectual Property Rights above will not apply to the subject of the Licence Exception.
- The licence granted above will be subject to any terms and conditions specified in the Provision.
- Licensor warrants that the Licensee’s legitimate exercise of the licensed Intellectual Property Rights for the Licence Purpose will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Licensor warrants that it will give and obtain any Moral Rights waivers and consents necessary to ensure the Licensee can use the Intellectual Property Rights for the Licence Purpose without infringing Moral Rights.
means any comments or suggestions on the Service by Customer resulting from use of the Services by Customer.
GST Law, GST Laws
means the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
Indemnified Party, Indemnified Parties
means the party who is indemnified under the Provision.
Indemnified Risk, Indemnified Risks
means the areas of risk or potential liability described in the Provision.
Indemnifying Party, Indemnifying Parties
means the party providing the Indemnity under the Provision.
means any indemnity created via the operation of the Provision and the terms and conditions of this document.
Indemnity Exception, Indemnity Exceptions
means any exception described in the Provision to any Indemnity, Indemnities or Indemnified Risk.
means a natural person.
Intellectual Property Right, Intellectual Property Rights
means, with the exception of moral rights and other inalienable rights, all right, title and interest, in each of the following in Australia and throughout the world, whether registered, unregistered or pending registration, and whether conferred by statute, common law, equity or otherwise:
- trade marks;
- trade names, brand names or indications of source, appellation or origin;
- inventions including patents, utility patents, patent applications, utility patent applications, and utility models;
- circuit layout designs;
- registered or unregistered designs;
- rights in databases;
- topography rights;
- design rights;
- plant variety and plant breeder rights;
- domain name registrations;
- confidential information, trade secrets, and know how;
- any other intellectual property as defined in Article 2 of the Convention establishing the World Intellectual Property Organisation of July 1967;
- any application for the registration of any of the above, and any rights to make such an application;
- any right to take action to enforce any of the above rights; and
- any licence from a third party to use any of the above.
Unless the terms and conditions of the Agreement explicitly state otherwise, the Agreement will be interpreted as follows:
- a reference to a party includes that party’s permitted assigns, administrators, successors, executors, legal representatives and any novated party;
- any reference to a trustee includes any substituted or additional trustee;
- unless used for the usual grammatical purpose, inverted commas around a term indicate industry jargon that will be interpreted according to how that term would be understood by an individual with expertise in the relevant industry;
- “including”, “includes” or any derivation of those words does not limit the matter in question to the things specifically mentioned in the applicable context;
- where a term is defined, other grammatical forms of that term will be taken to have the same meaning;
- headings are for convenience and will not affect interpretation;
- words in the singular will be taken to include the plural and also the opposite;
- “$” means the Australian dollar;
- a reference to a document will be to that document as updated, varied or amended;
- a document referenced by the Agreement will not take precedence over the referencing document;
- when any kind of legislative instrument is referenced, the reference will be taken to be that instrument as updated or substituted for by the legislative body in any way;
- where a “URL” is mentioned, the non-operation of the “URL” will not render the rights and obligations associated with it invalid;
- any referenced digital resource may be replaced with another digital resource that is a “copy” of the original resource;
Rights and Obligations
- a reference to a party’s conduct includes omissions as well as acts;
- if a party is described as having discretion in a matter, the discretion in that matter will be interpreted as sole and absolute; and
- where a party is required to do “anything necessary”, this includes executing agreements and other legal instruments.
means the licence to use the Services under the Agreement.
Licence Exception, Licence Exceptions
means the exception to the licence of Intellectual Property Rights.
Licence Purpose, Licence Purposes
means the purpose for using the Intellectual Property Rights specified in the Provision or, if no purpose is specified, then any purpose.
Licence Subject, Licence Subjects
means the subject(s) of the license of Intellectual Property Rights.
means the party receiving the licence of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Provision.
means the party licensing the Intellectual Property Rights in the Provision.
Limitation Exception, Limitation Exceptions
means the exception to the limitation of liability in this document that the Provision may or may not describe.
Limitation Risk, Limitation Risks
means the risks that may cause liability described in the Provision.
Limitation Subject, Limitation Subjects
means the subject(s) of the limitation of liability in the Provision (if any).
Limited Party, Limited Parties
means the party that is limited by the Limiting Party under the Provision.
Limited To The Legal Minimum
Limited Party deals with the Limiting Party in respect of the Limitation Subject at its own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Limiting Party excludes all liability (including Consequential Loss) to Limited Party for any liabilities connected directly or indirectly with the Limited Party and Limiting Party dealings in relation to the Limitation Subject, including liabilities based on:
- contract law;
- tort law; or
and including liabilities caused by the Limitation Risks.
Where there is a Limitation Exception, this limitation of liability does not apply to the subject of the Limitation Exception.
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, all terms and conditions implied by any other source of law in relation to dealings between the Limiting Party and the Limited Party in respect of the Limitation Subject are excluded from the Agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by the law, Limiting Party’s liability to the Limited Party for breaching a Compulsory Condition in relation to the Limitation Subject is limited to:
- in a case where a breach is deemed to be a breach in respect of goods:
- the replacement of the relevant goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the relevant goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the relevant goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the relevant goods repaired; and
- in a case where a breach is deemed to be a breach in respect of services:
- the resupply of the relevant services; or
- payment of a sum equal to the cost of resupplying the relevant services.
The Limiting Party will choose which of these options will apply.
Limiting Party, Limiting Parties
means the party relying on the limitation of liability in the Provision.
Loan Processor, Loan Processors
means the loan processors that the Customer contracts with using the Services.
Moral Right, Moral Rights
means the rights commonly referred to as “moral rights”, such as the right of attribution, which are recognised in the jurisdiction of the Agreement.
means an organisation using the Services.
means any information that is categorised as “personal information” under privacy law.
means the Intellectual Property in the Service.
Proportionate Liability Law, Proportionate Liability Laws
means legislative provisions that apportion liability for Costs between parties in cases where more than one party caused the Cost, but which parties are permitted by law to contract out of, including the provisions in the following legislation:
- Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW);
- Law Reform (Contributory Negligence and Apportionment of Liability) Act 2001 (SA);
- Civil Liability Act 2002 (Tas);
- Wrongs Act 1958 (Vic);
- Civil Liability Act 2002 (WA);
- Civil Law (Wrongs) Act 2002 (ACT); and
- Proportionate Liability Act 2005 (NT).
means the provision in the Agreement that references this legal text from the text forming the Agreement.
means BrokerEngine, software for helping mortgage brokers with processes related to mortgages, provided by Provider.
Support Policy, Support Policies
means the document entitled “Support Policy” at brokerengine.com.au/support/.
means a time period of 1 month.
Transfer Exception, Transfer Exceptions
means the exception to the transfer of Intellectual Property Rights.
Transfer Intellectual Property Ownership, Transfers Intellectual Property Ownership
- Assignor assigns all current and future Intellectual Property Rights in the Transfer Subject to Assignee.
- The assignment is global unless the Provision specifies a particular territory for the assignment, in which case the Intellectual Property Rights are assigned in that territory only.
- Assignor warrants and represents to Assignee that it has the right to transfer the Intellectual Property Rights under this clause and that the Assignee’s legitimate exercise of the assigned Intellectual Property Rights will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Assignor agrees to do all things necessary to give effect to the assignment of Intellectual Property Rights and Moral Rights consents and waivers in this clause.
- Assignor gives (and where it does not hold the relevant Moral Rights warrants that it will obtain) any Moral Rights waivers and consents necessary to ensure the Assignee can deal in the Intellectual Property Rights in the Transfer Subject in accordance with this clause without infringing Moral Rights.
- Where there is an Transfer Exception, the transfer of Intellectual Property Rights and obligations in relation to Moral Rights in the subclauses above will not apply to the subject of the Transfer Exception.
Transfer Subject, Transfer Subjects
means the subject(s) of the transfer of Intellectual Property Rights in the Provision.