Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that we’re often asked and their answers. If you can’t see your question here, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Q: What is BrokerEngine?
BrokerEngine is a new kind of software called a Broker Management Platform (BMP) that has been designed with one goal in mind: powering the growth of your mortgage brokerage.
BrokerEngine uses advanced automation and workflows to automatically trigger tasks, communications and teamwork, from prior to lodgement to after settlement.
Powerful Broker Wizards capture all key data in one place, then distribute it to wherever it is needed throughout the deal (say goodbye to double data entry or shuttling back and forth between screens!)
Fiddly and laborious tasks such as compliance, document gathering and fact finding are dramatically streamlined.
As a result, brokers can focus on their highest value tasks such as generating more business, finding solutions for clients or simply enjoying more time off.
Q: How are you different from other mortgage broker software products?
After working in the industry for over 10 years and interviewing hundreds of brokers, we discovered that most brokers describe legacy software products in one of 3 ways:
- a clunky aggregator platform you’re forced to use, in spite of frustrating functionality gaps
- a generic software package that has been “shoe-horned” into the mortgage broking industry
- a third party solution that solves only part of the puzzle, but leaves you with giant holes to fill
BrokerEngine has been designed to completely fill these gaps.
- It’s easy and intuitive to use.
- It’s been designed from the ground up by brokers, for brokers.
- It is a complete, integrated and automated solution for ALL aspects of loan processing and the entire client lifecycle.
To our knowledge, BrokerEngine is the ONLY broker-specific, non-aggregator aligned software in the country.
Q: What kind of brokers do you work with?
We work with a wide range of brokers, from one-man or one-woman firms, right up to some of the largest broker groups in the country.
Generally speaking, BrokerEngine makes the most sense for brokers who are writing at least $25M+ per year. (Many of our clients settle much more than this, and know the value of efficiency.)
If you’re already writing enough business, you’re happy with your income, your stress levels and the amount of leisure and family time you enjoy – then BrokerEngine may not be for you.
But if you’re the type of person who is always looking to do things better and get more results in less time, then we could well be a match.
Q: What is the business case for BrokerEngine?
A BrokerEngine subscription costs money. The obvious question is, what do you get for you money, and is it worth it?
There are a number of sources of value that BrokerEngine users experience, including but not limited to:
- Significant time savings: every loan is much quicker to set up. Double data entry and shuttling between screens to find the information you need is practically eliminated. Time consuming tasks such as document collection are dramatically streamlined. Intelligent Broker Wizards and automation do a lot of heavy lifting for you. And almost effortless teamwork is enabled. All these things save you a LOT of time on every deal.
- More time for higher-value work: most brokers are at their most productive and their happiest when they are either finding more clients, sitting in front of clients, or strategising solutions. And yet much of the day can get swallowed up in lower-value and mind-numbing tasks (see 1 above). When your time is freed up, you can do more of what you love to do and more of what makes money.
- Better client experience: clients want everything to go smoothly, they want to be communicated with, and they don’t want any surprises. BrokerEngine makes all three of these things happen – resulting in..
- More client referrals: happy clients refer more often. Not only that, but BrokerEngine has referral marketing campaigns embedded into the workflows. So clients are proactively asked for referrals each and every time you write a loan, not just when you remember.
- Reduced stress: when you’re not quite sure where a deal is at… or if a particular deadline was achieved… or if you (or your team) has made a mistake somewhere… then stress levels rise off the charts. BrokerEngine takes care of all these details so you can feel confident that your deals are on track.
- Fewer “dropped balls”: when you drop the ball badly and a client misses out on their loan or is otherwise inconvenienced, you not only lose a referral source, but you potentially create a “Detractor” who will actively bad-mouth you to those around them. When you don’t drop the ball, these Detractors are practically eliminated.
- Better marketing integration: yes, we all know that “the money is in the list” and that it’s important to keep in touch with prospects and clients… but most systems don’t allow this integration to occur effortlessly. BrokerEngine ensures each client is tagged with personalised marketing settings that allow you to keep in touch and drive more repeat and referral business.
- Improved sales conversion: the way you conduct sales conversations with clients, and how you present loan options, has a BIG influence on your sales conversion results. With BrokerEngine, best practices in sales conversion are baked into the processes. In general, any broker who runs our process experiences better sales conversion outcomes.
- Instant access to key metrics: “What you measure improves” is a common saying in management consulting. Simply understanding how you’re travelling in real time, gives you information about the specific levers you need to pull in order to hit your goals. Every BrokerEngine user has access to real-time dashboards that tell you how you’re going.
- Ability to hire, train and retain: good team members are hard to find. And when your systems are highly manual, you typically need to find a needle-in-a-haystack administrator with an eagle eye for detail and a ferocious work ethic. While such people do exist, most people are by definition, average. BrokerEngine gives every team member a clear system and process to follow that makes them more productive in less time.
We could go on. The bottom line is that BrokerEngine is designed to deliver tremendous value, many times in excess of the nominal cost.
Q: How much does BrokerEngine cost?
BrokerEngine is priced on a per-user basis. There is no software to install or expensive up-front investments to make, because we are a cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service model (SaaS).
We have 3 User Levels.
– Standard users are most often established or up-and-coming brokers looking for complete control over their lead generation, sales and processing functions. Standard users are priced at $249 per month.
– Junior users are typically lower-volume brokers who want a low-cost and industry-specific way to manage all their deals in the one place. Junior users are priced at $149 per month.
– Support users are the team members such as administrators and loan processors who support the broker in processing loans. Support users are priced at $149 per month.
All the above prices INCLUDE GST.
Annual prepaid subscribers get 1 month free.
Further detail is available on our Pricing page.
Q: Do you offer any guarantees?
Yes! One of the most generous in the industry. Use the software for 90 days. If you don’t experienced an improved ROI in your business (or are unhappy for any other reason), simply let us know and we’ll export all your data for you, and issue you with a 100% refund of all software subscription fees paid within the first 90 days.
Q: Do you offer a free trial?
No, we don’t offer a free trial, but we do offer a Free Customised Demo. And we also offer a 90-day Money Back Guarantee should you decide to sign up.
Q: Who owns the data?
You own all your data, we own the software. You can export your data at any time in CSV format.
Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
Just send an email to email@example.com or give us a call. We’ll take care of the rest.
Q: If I cancel my subscription, will I lose my data?
If you decide to cancel, we will immediately stop billing you at the end of the current billing period.
And we’ll also export all your deals and data into CSV format for you.
Q: How long are your contracts?
We don’t have fixed-term contracts. Users either pay on a month-by-month basis, or you can get one month free if you prepay for a year.
Q: Do I have to pay for updates?
No, all updates are rolled out at no additional cost. Certain updates are only available to a proportion of users, based on your user level.
Q: Do I have to install anything?
No, BrokerEngine works via your browser on any desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Q: Is my data secure?
We take security very seriously. BrokerEngine is built on Microsoft’s hosting infrastructure. Microsoft follows best practice in terms of security protocols.
Q: What onboarding assistance do you offer?
Every new user receives 4 hours of dedicated onboarding assistance as standard. Further custom training or support can be purchased in hourly blocks if required.
We also offer a very comprehensive Knowledge Base and online support for queries you may have as you’re using the software.
Q: Does BrokerEngine replace my aggregator?
No. BrokerEngine is not an aggregator and it’s not intended to replace your aggregator. BrokerEngine is a “layer” that sits over the top of your aggregator software and gives it superpowers.
For this reason, BrokerEngine can be used alongside any aggregator in the country.