Is Your Sales Process Leaving You Overworked & Under Rewarded?
As a mortgage broker, you’re a trusted advisor who has the power to help your client realise their financial and lifestyle dreams. But nothing happens until a sale is made.
Many mortgage brokers run into these five challenges when trying to write more loans and scale their business:
- You want to be helpful, but you don’t want to chase after prospects who aren’t serious or aren’t ready.
- You’ll often do a lot of work for a prospect, only to find that they’ve gone with another broker or lender at the last minute.
- It has become popular to say “if the prospect won’t fill in a full fact find up front, they’re not serious – move on!”. And yet if you operate this way, you may be waving goodbye to 33-50% of your potential business.
- You have to find a way to combine your core advice with the need for heavy data collection, compliance and other “red tape” that can frustrate even the most well-meaning client.
- Some clients may be wary of making the wrong choice of broker and may therefore be “stand-offish”, harder to build rapport with, and harder to advise.
Challenges like these are surprising common among brokers.
I know because I used to experience them myself!
But after many years of trial and error (not to mention investing thousands of dollars in consulting and marketing collateral), I had engineered a sales process that consistently convert 95% of presentations into new clients.
Now I’ve documented my entire sales process – from enquiry to approval – and made it available to you at no cost.
Much More Than “Sales Closing Techniques”
The way you structure your sales process has a huge effect on your outcomes. There’s much more to selling loan advice than just a collection of “sales closing techniques”.
Instead, the ideal mortgage broker sales process is the overall positioning, packaging and presentation of your expertise in a way that makes it easy for prospects to say “yes”.
I used to suck at selling. But by using the strategies and processes I cover in this guide, I managed to get my presentation success rate up to about 95%. In other words, by the time I reached the presentation stage, 19 out of every 20 prospects would accept my recommendations and become my client.
What Fellow Mortgage Brokers Are Saying
“We’re on track to consistently hitting $10M in settlements per month (if not more). Previously, we were close to $6M.”
“Craig & Will shared very specific, step-by-step processes for freeing up more of my time.”
“Craig & Will have helped streamline what I’m doing, cut out the things that are wasting my time and delegate more to my staff.”
“A team of experts who can help get your business to a stage where you are making more money, bringing in more consistent leads.”
“We want a business where it’s possible to take holidays without things falling over. That’s one of the reasons Craig’s story resonated with us so much. He’s done exactly that.”
Key Takeaways From
My “Ideal Mortgage Broker Sales Process” Guide
Inside the guide, you’ll discover how to:
- Spend less time with unqualified prospects (zero is the goal).
- Close new deals in no more than two appointments (almost always remote, in my case).
- Achieve a 95%+ percent close rate in the second appointment, even from cold (non-referred) prospects.
- Stop prospects from shopping around and going with someone else after you’ve given them all your great ideas.
- Scale a successful sales process amongst every member of your firm (instead of just 1 or 2 “stars”).
- Deal with significantly more clients in less time, leading to more settlements and a bigger trail book.